|Aliases:||IL-12p70, Interleukin-12 subunit p70|
|Optimum Collection Volume:||100 μL|
|Assay Range:||0.11 – 2180 pg/mL|
Collecting Saliva for Cytokines
CYTOKINE PANEL SALIVA COLLECTION CONSIDERATIONS
Better results begin with better saliva collection. This collection protocol features general considerations to maximize salivary cytokine analysis. Use this analyte specific collection protocol to plan your collection methodology and sampling schemes.
Test Saliva Samples
|Order Code (lab):||5209.05|
|Transport Requirements:||Ship on Dry Ice|
|Related Panels and Profiles:||Salivary Cytokine Panel|
The validated method used by Salimetrics is proprietary and not available in assay kit form at this time.
Add DNA Analysis to My Study
Considerations for adding Salivary DNA to analyte Studies:
You can combine salivary analytes with easy, accurate, and affordable genomic testing using Salimetrics SalivaLab and the same sample that you are already collecting – no specialized saliva collection devices or additional samples are required.
Don’t know what SNPs are right for you? The SalivaLab’s DNA team specializes in genetic testing services, we recommend you Request a DNA Consult (gratis) to learn more about common considerations such as # of samples, participant ethnicity, and IRB Approval.
All DNA Services
References & Salivary IL-12p70 Research
- Issaranggun Na Ayuthaya B, Everts V, Pavasant P. The immunopathogenic and immunomodulatory effects of interleukin-12 in periodontal disease. European journal of oral sciences. 2018;126(2):75-83.
- Zundler S, Neurath MF. Interleukin-12: Functional activities and implications for disease. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 2015;26(5):559-68.
- Teng MW, Bowman EP, McElwee JJ, Smyth MJ, Casanova JL, Cooper AM, et al. IL-12 and IL-23 cytokines: from discovery to targeted therapies for immune-mediated inflammatory diseases. Nat Med. 2015;21(7):719-29.
- Tait Wojno ED, Hunter CA, Stumhofer JS. The Immunobiology of the Interleukin-12 Family: Room for Discovery. Immunity. 2019;50(4):851-70.
- Rajendran P, Chen YF, Chen YF, Chung LC, Tamilselvi S, Shen CY, et al. The multifaceted link between inflammation and human diseases. Journal of cellular physiology. 2018;233(9):6458-71.
- Val M, Sidoti Pinto GA, Manini L, Gandolfo S, Pentenero M. Variations of salivary concentration of cytokines and chemokines in presence of oral squamous cell carcinoma. A case-crossover longitudinal prospective study. Cytokine. 2019;120:62-5.
- Wang X, Kaczor-Urbanowicz KE, Wong DT. Salivary biomarkers in cancer detection. Med Oncol. 2017;34(1):7.
- Huck O, Buduneli N, Bravo D. Inflammatory Mediators in Periodontal Pathogenesis. Mediators Inflamm. 2019;2019:2610184.
- Silva N, Abusleme L, Bravo D, Dutzan N, Garcia-Sesnich J, Vernal R, et al. Host response mechanisms in periodontal diseases. J Appl Oral Sci. 2015;23(3):329-55.
- Gaba FI, Sheth CC, Veses V. Salivary biomarkers and their efficacies as diagnostic tools for Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma: Systematic review and meta-analysis. J Oral Pathol Med. 2018.
- Slavish DC, Graham-Engeland JE, Smyth JM, Engeland CG. Salivary markers of inflammation in response to acute stress. Brain, behavior, and immunity. 2015;44:253-69.
- Sheth CC, Lopez-Pedrajas RM, Jovani-Sancho MDM, Gonzalez-Martinez R, Veses V. Modulation of salivary cytokines in response to alcohol, tobacco and caffeine consumption: a pilot study. Sci Rep. 2018;8(1):16687.