|Optimum Collection Volume:||100 μL|
|Assay Range:||0.74 – 3653 pg/mL|
Collecting Saliva for Cytokines
CYTOKINE SALIVA COLLECTION CONSIDERATIONS
Better results begin with better saliva collection. This collection protocol features general considerations to maximize salivary cytokine analysis. Use this analyte specific collection protocol to plan your collection methodology and sampling schemes.
Test Saliva Samples
|Order Code (lab):||5209.09|
|Transport Requirements:||Ship on Dry Ice|
|Related Panels and Profiles:||Salivary Cytokine Panel|
The validated method used by Salimetrics is proprietary and not available in assay kit form at this time.
Add DNA Analysis to My Study
Considerations for adding Salivary DNA to analyte Studies:
You can combine salivary analytes with easy, accurate, and affordable genomic testing using Salimetrics SalivaLab and the same sample that you are already collecting – no specialized saliva collection devices or additional samples are required.
Don’t know what SNPs are right for you? The SalivaLab’s DNA team specializes in genetic testing services, we recommend you Request a DNA Consult (gratis) to learn more about common considerations such as # of samples, participant ethnicity, and IRB Approval.
All DNA Services
References & Salivary IL-17A Research
- McGeachy MJ, Cua DJ, Gaffen SL. (2019). The IL-17 Family of Cytokines in Health and Disease. Immunity. 50(4):892-906.
- Veldhoen M. (2017). Interleukin 17 is a chief orchestrator of immunity. Nat Immunol. 18(6):612-21.
- Lubberts E. (2015). The IL-23-IL-17 axis in inflammatory arthritis. Nature reviews Rheumatology. 11(10):562.
- Geremia A, Jewell DP. (2012). The IL-23/IL-17 pathway in inflammatory bowel disease. Expert Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol. 6(2):223-37.
- Brembilla NC, Senra L, Boehncke WH. (2018). The IL-17 Family of Cytokines in Psoriasis: IL-17A and Beyond. Front Immunol. 9:1682.
- Mease P, McInnes IB. (2016). Secukinumab: A New Treatment Option for Psoriatic Arthritis. Rheumatol Ther. 3(1):5-29.