This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully.
When it comes to your health information, you have certain rights. This section explains your rights and some of our responsibilities to help you. You can ask us to;
Get a copy of your health and claims records
- You can ask to see or get a copy of your health and claims records and other health information we have about you. Ask us how to do this.
- We will provide a copy or a summary of your health and claims records, usually within 30 days of your request. We may charge a reasonable, cost-based fee.
Correct or update health and claims records
- You can ask us to correct your health and claims records if you think they are incorrect or incomplete.
- We may say “no” to your request, but we’ll tell you why in writing within30 days.
Receive confidential communications
- You can ask to be contacted in a specific way (example; home or office phone) or e-mailed at a different address.
- We will consider all reasonable requests, and must say “yes” if you tell us you would be in danger if we do not.
Limit what we use or share
- You can ask us not to use or share certain health information for treatment,payment, or our operations.
- We are not required to agree to your request, and we may say “no” if it would affect your care.
Get a list of those with whom we’ve shared information
- You can ask for a list (accounting) of the times we’ve shared your health information for six years prior to the date of service, who we shared it with,and why.
- We will include all the disclosures except for those about payment and certain other disclosures (such as any you asked us to make). We’ll provide one accounting a year for free but will charge a reasonable, cost-based fee if you ask for another one within12 months.
Get a copy of this privacy notice
- You can ask for a paper copy of this notice at any time, even if you have agreed to receive the notice electronically. We will provide you with a paper copy promptly.
Share your confidential results with someone else
- We will never share your information outside of the stated Uses and Disclosures within this notification of privacy practices without your written permission.
- Although you will have access to view and download your results on your own accord, you can also request that we share your information with friends, family, additional medical personnel, or anyone of your choosing via written permission. Ask us for an Authorization for the Release of Protected Health Information from.
File a complaint if you feel your rights are violated
- You can complain if you feel we have violated your rights by contacting us and requesting a complaint form.
- You can also file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights by sending a letter to: Centralized Case Management Operations, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20201, calling 1-877-696-6775, or visiting hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/complaints/. We will not retaliate against you for filing a complaint.
Our Uses and Disclosures:
To help facilitate this program and enable us to offer it to you in the simplest, most economical way, we typically share your health information in the following ways. As permitted under HIPAA, the following categories explain the types of uses and disclosures of Personal Health Information (PHI) that we may make.
Administer Our Testing Services
- We can use and disclose your health information to run and manage our organization and contact you when necessary.
- We can disclose your PHI to authorized healthcare professionals who order tests or need access to your test results for health-related purposes. We may also disclose PHI to other health care providers or health plans that are involved in your care for their health care operations.
- We can use and disclose your health information for the purposes of billing, payment, and shipping products to you in order to provide our
- We can share your information with business associates, contractors and agents who help administer our program.
- We can share health information about you for certain situations such as:
- Preventing disease; Helping with product recalls; Reporting adverse reactions; Preventing or reducing a serious threat to anyone’s health or safety
- Necessary activities that support our healthcare operations, such as performing quality checks on our laboratory testing, accuracy of results, internal audits, arranging for legal services or developing reference ranges for our tests.
- We will share information about you if state or federal laws require it, including with the Department of Health and Human Services if it wants to see that we’re complying with federal privacy law
- We can share health information about you in response to a court or administrative order, or a subpoena.
- We can share your information if you or your provider appeal a DHCS decision about your health care.
- We can share your health information to obey special laws when they are stricter than this notice.
- We are required by law to maintain the privacy and security of your protected health information.
- We will let you know promptly if a breach occurs that may have compromised the privacy or security of your information.
- We must follow the duties and privacy practices described in this notice and give you a copy of it.
- We will not use or share your information other than as described here unless you tell us we can in writing. If you change your mind later, you must also let us know in writing.
For more information see: www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/consumers/noticepp.html
How to Exercise Your Rights
To exercise any of your rights described in this notice, you must send a written request to: Salimetrics, Attn: Compliance Officer, 5962 La Place Ct. Suite 275 Carlsbad, CA 92008.
Changes to the Terms of This Notice:
We can change the terms of this notice, and the changes will apply to all information we have about you. The new notice will be available upon request, on our web site, and we will mail a copy to you.
Effective Date: September 23, 2021