Laboratory Technician/Manager Employment Opportunity at the University of New South Wales (UNSW)
The newly opened University of New South Wales (UNSW) Salivary Bioscience Research Centre (SBRC) housed within the School of Psychology is hiring a Laboratory Technician/Manager (Senior Technical Officer). The mission of the SBRC is to serve as a University service centre by enabling access to high quality salivary assay services and technical support for a wide range of collaborators and customers.
About the role
- $93K-$101K plus 9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed Term – 1 year
- Full-time 35 hours per week
The role of Senior Technical Officer will oversee and co-ordinate the operational activities of the UNSW SBRC laboratory, and to conduct laboratory-based assays. The role of Senior Technical Officer will provide day-to-day management of the SBRC that serves both internal UNSW and external researchers and private companies.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- A degree in life sciences with a molecular biology emphasis (or diploma with additional experience).
- Use of biochemical assays (e.g. ELISAs and other immunoassays).
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal, and communication skills pertinent to establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with SBRC lab users and clients.
- Ability to undertake a range of diverse tasks, to work independently, accurately, delivering work on time and with attention to detail, following written experimental protocols and record keeping.
- Demonstrated experience with data management.
- Knowledge of QA/QC.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online – applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Applications close: April 13th, 2019
*Note: Salimetrics provides this information for research use only (RUO). Information is not provided to promote off-label use of medical devices. Please consult the full-text article.