SARS-CoV-2 (IgG) Antibody Panel Saliva Collection
Approved Collection Methods
Consistency in collection methods and sample handling is recommended for optimal results. Production of volumes larger than 1 mL may produce a diluted sample that may necessitate a recollection.
Saliva Collection Protocol
Before Sample Collection
- Avoid foods with high sugar, acidity, or caffeine immediately before sample collection.
- Document consumption of prescription/over-the-counter medications within the prior 12 hours.
- Rinse mouth with water to remove food residue and then wait at least 10 minutes before collecting saliva.
During Sample Collection
- Recommended Collection Volume: 0.3 – 1 mL
- Use a collection device that has been validated for the measurement of this analyte.
- Follow your selected sample collection device/method protocol.
After Sample Collection
- Record the time and date of specimen collection.
- Refrigerate samples immediately (if possible) and freeze at or below -20°C (household freezer) when possible, until sample shipping.
- Do not add preservatives to saliva samples unless they have been previously validated with the assay.
- Consider aliqouting samples to avoid multiple freeze-thaws.
- If shipping temperature can be maintained below 22°C, ambient overnight shipping is acceptable. If temperatures may be encountered during shipping above 22°C, ship on cold packs, overnight.