|Aliases:||CgA, Parathyroid secretory protein 1|
|Optimum Collection Volume:||75 μL*|
Collect Saliva Samples
CHROMOGRANIN A SALIVA COLLECTION CONSIDERATIONS
Better results begin with better saliva collection. This collection protocol features general considerations to maximize salivary Chromogranin A analysis. Use this analyte-specific collection protocol to plan your collection methodology and sampling schemes.
Test Saliva Samples
|Order Code (lab):||5191|
|Transport Requirements:||Ship on Dry Ice|
The validated method used by Salimetrics is proprietary and not available in assay kit form at this time.
Add DNA Analysis to My Study
Considerations for adding Salivary DNA to analyte Studies:
You can combine salivary analytes with easy, accurate, and affordable genomic testing using Salimetrics SalivaLab and the same sample that you are already collecting – no specialized saliva collection devices or additional samples are required.
Don’t know what SNPs are right for you? The SalivaLab’s DNA team specializes in genetic testing services, we recommend you Request a DNA Consult (gratis) to learn more about common considerations such as # of samples, participant ethnicity, and IRB Approval.
All DNA Services
References & Salivary Chromogranin A Research
- Feldman, S.A., Eiden, L.E. (2003). The chromogranins: Their roles in secretion from neuroendocrine cells and as markers for neuroendocrine neoplasia. Endocr Pathol, 14(1), 3-23.
- O,Connor, D.T., Frigon, R.P., Sokoloff, R.L. (1984). Human chromogranin A. Purification and characterization from catecholamine storage vesicles of human pheochromocytoma. Hypertension, 6, 2-12.
- (Ozawa, H., Takata, K. (1995). The granin family — Its role in sorting and secretory granule formation. Cell Struct Funct, 20, 415-20.)
- Montero-Hadjadje, M., Vaingankar, S., Elias, S., et al. (2008). Chromogranins A and B and secretogranin II: Evolutionary and functional aspects. Acta Physiol (Oxf), 192(2), 309-24.
- Helle, K.B. (2010). Chromogranins A and B and secretogranin II as prohormones for regulatory peptides from the diffuse neuroendocrine system. Results Probl Cell Differ, 50, 21-44.
- Koh, D.S.-Q., Koh, G. C.-H. (2007). The use of salivary biomarkers in occupational and environmental medicine. Occup Environ Med, 64, 202-10.
- Kanno, T. (2004). Compound exocytosis of secretory granules containing salivary chromogranin A in granular duct cells in rat submandibular gland: The last study in collaboration with the late professor Noboru Yanaihara at Yanaihara Institute. Reg Peptides, 123, 3-7.
- Giampaolo, B. Angelica, M., Antonio, S. (2002). Chromogranin A in normal subjects, essential hypertensives and adrenalectomized patients. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf), 57, 41-50.